Charlie’s K-9 Camp Policies
Payment is expected when you pick up your dog(s). We accept cash and the following credit/debit cards: Visa, Discover and Mastercard NOTE: There is a $10 minimum when using a credit/debit card.
In order to fully serve all of our clients we ask that you notify us 96 hours in advance of a holiday reservation and 48 hours for routine reservations if your plans change and you no longer need to send your dog(s) to us for the specified time. If proper notice is not given and we have turned people away because we have a full house, you will be asked to pay for the time scheduled if you do not cancel with specified time frame or if your dog is picked up early. With a valid email address on file you will receive automated email reminders 10 days and 3 days before your reservation which will help you remember to contact us if there is a change in your plans. Please add our email address to your contact/safe sender list to ensure you receive all email communications.
It is your responsibility to provide proof of your dog’s vaccinations when you first schedule your dog and each time your dog’s vaccinations are renewed. By North Carolina state law we may not kennel dogs whose rabies vaccinations are not currant. While distemper/parvo and the Bordetella (kennel cough) vaccinations are not required by law we do require these vaccinations before your dog(s) is kenneled at our facility. We must have current vaccinations records for our files or your dog(s) will not be allowed to stay with us. Your veterinarian my fax the records to us at 336.712.0031 or you can bring a copy for our files. If your pet(s) are brought for boarding/training/play dates and we do not have a current copy of required vaccinations your pet will not be able to stay with us. This includes boarding, training, play dates or grooming.
Change of Information
If you move, change a phone number or if there is a change in the instructions for your pet’s care please let us know so we can update our records.
Owner Understands and Agrees
- We charge $20.00 per night per dog. This rate includes all outdoor and/or play time. We do offer discounts for extended stays.
- When scheduling your dog(s) for boarding you will receive an email confirmation. Please review your confirmation to ensure your pet(s) are scheduled as requested. If you do not receive a confirmation within 24 hours please let us know.
- With advance notice, if space is available, we can make changes to your reservation. During high occupancy it may not be possible to offer your dog(s) a kennel for an extra night or two. Please do not assume it will be “okay” for you to leave your dog an extra night. Please call to request additional kennel time and/or if we are fully booked make arrangements for your dog(s) to be picked up by a family member or friend.
- Basic obedience training is a two-week training program at a cost of $1,250 per dog. Your dog will learn the commands of heel (walk with a loose leash), sit, stay down and come. This is on leash training. Our training is guaranteed; if we cannot train your dog you do not pay for the time your pet spent with us.
- Quick Start training is a mini training session in which your dog learns the heel command and the word NO for a cost of $450 per dog. Your dog will spend three nights/four days with us for this program. Typically, the training begins with drop off of your pet on Monday and pick-up on Thursday.
- When your dog(s) come for basic obedience training Charlie does his best to get all dogs to the point they are ready to go off leash if their owner is willing to invest the time to work with them. Some do better than others. If your dog has completed the basic obedience training, we do offer an Advanced – Off Leash training program. Your dog is typically here for one week. The cost is $1,000.
- For additional training options please call the office. Grace Gilyard, our granddaughter, attended school to become a Master Trainer and is capable of offering additional services.
- You can drop your dog(s) off for play dates Monday – Friday during our normal business hours. *No appointment is necessary. The cost for one to six hours is $7 per dog. Six to twelve-hour play dates are $14 per dog.
- On your first play date you will receive a Play Date Rewards Card. Once your pup has come for ten play dates the next play date is free. It is your responsibility to present your card to be punched. We will not ask for it…
- We do not offer play dates on Sunday.
*We reserve the right to suspend play dates during high volume boarding such as holidays, spring breaks, etc. We will post that we are not offering play dates by posting a notice that play dates have been suspended in the office as well as on our Facebook page several days in advance.
*During extremely wet, cold or hot weather we may limit or suspend play dates by posting a notice in the office as well as on our Facebook page. During these conditions we recommend you check the Facebook page or call the office before bringing your pup.
Each of the foregoing provisions contained in the agreement above shall be in force and effect and shall apply to each and every occasion on which the dog owner boards and/or enrolls in training and/or for play dates unless otherwise cancelled or superseded by a written stipulation agreed to and signed by both parties. Owner agrees to abide and be bound by these rules and regulations.
It is the owner’s responsibility to read and understand all of the rules and regulations set forth above and that they are to communicate with Charlie’s K-9 Camp if clarification of any of these policies is needed.
Revised: January, 2022